The flavours and textures of this Apple, Sandalwood Nut + Baobab Loaf reminds us of home-made apple pie. The sweetness from the apple, crunch from the nuts and tangy flavour from the baobab work extremely well together to create a warming, flavourful loaf.
Using our GH Produce Paleo Banana Bread Mix, creating this recipe is too easy! We have simply swapped out the bananas from some natural yogurt, fruit and nuts. In this case, we are using WA Sandalwood Nuts. These nuts are native to Australia and contain a whole range of goodness!
High in fibre
Superior in antioxidants
Rich in vitamin C
Natural multivitamin (B Vitamins, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Iron)
If you would like to try these nuts for yourself, check out our supplier from York:
In addition to this native ingredient, we are also using Baobab, an organic, raw, vegan, gluten free, paleo, fodmap friendly, allergen free, superfood. Baobab has a delightfully tangy flavourful bursting in antioxidants whilst being high in fibre and vitamin C. Great for digestive health, immunity and energy!
Local ingredients, superfoods and seasonal produce make up this amazingly sweet, warm and tangy loaf, the perfect Autumn recipe.
APPLE, SANDALWOOD NUT + BAOBAB LOAF
Makes: 1 loaf
· 1 Packet GH Produce Paleo Banana Bread Mix
· 2 Free Range Eggs
· 2 Seasonal Apples Finely Diced
· ½ Cup Coconut Yoghurt
· 2 Tsp Baobab
· 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
· ½ Cup Sandalwood Nuts Chopped (Alternatively: Walnuts or Pecans)
· Garnish: One Sliced Apple, Coconut Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees fan-forced and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Pour the Banana Bread Mix into a large mixing bowl and make a well.
3. Add chopped nuts and apple.
4. Whisk eggs in a small bowl and add to the mix.
5. Add coconut yogurt, olive oil and baobab and gently mix until everything is well combined.
6. Pour the mixture into the lined loaf tin and top with sliced apple and coconut sugar.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes until a skewer comes out clean and is firm to touch.
8. Allow to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before serving.
9. Serve as it is, or with grass fed butter.
10. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days, freeze for months.