GH Produce Naked Nola Granola makes the perfect base for a slice! Blend it up, press it down and there you have it. Making use of the delicious, seasonal, citrus fruits at the moment, we have combined the flavours of sweet, sour, tart and salty, to create a fresh, tangy and VERY moorish, slice. These flavours are made up from fresh citrus, coconut and Kakadu Plum.
Kakadu Plum is a Native Australian Superfood. It contains the highest recorded levels of natural Vitamin C of any fruit in the world, more than 100 times the Vitamin C found in an orange. Only 1g of Freeze Dried Kakadu Plum powder matches the Vitamin C content found in an entire orange. Through its high antioxidant properties, 5 times higher than blueberries, it helps build a healthier immune system. This, in turn, is a great way to reduce your risk of developing certain diseases and conditions.
But what does it taste like? Kakadu Plum is purchased in powder form and has a sort of sweet and sour taste, a tartness which gives off an aroma of stewed apples of pears. This ads an exciting little hit of flavour to many dishes including desserts, smoothies, baked goods and soups.
Since it is Citrus Season we want to give you all a gift!
Lime, Passionfruit + Kakadu Plum Slice
- 3 Free Range Eggs
- ½ Cup Honey
- ½ Cup Organic Coconut Cream
- ½ Cup Citrus Juice (We used 2 Limes and 2 Passionfruit)
- 1 Heaped Tbsp Cassava Flour (or Tapioca)
- Line a baking dish with baking paper
- Blitz the Naked Nola in a food processor until it forms a fine crumb. Place into a mixing bowl with the desiccated coconut and Kakadu Plum powder.
- Drain the soaked dates and blitz them in the food processor. Add to the mixing bowl.
- Using a spoon, mix all ingredients together until combined and sticky.
- Spoon the mixture into the the prepared baking dish and spread it out using the back of a spoon.
- Place into the freezer while you make the curd.
- Half Fill a pot with water and simmer on stove top
- In a large heat prove bowl, add all the filling ingredients expect the passionfruit
- Blitz with a stick blender until smooth
- Add in passionfruit and Place over the pot of boiling water and contuously stir for about 5-7 minutes until thick and custard like consistency.
- Take off heat, remove the tray from the freezer and pour the curd over the base.
- Evenly sprinkle over kakadu plum and coconut flakes
- Place in fridge for 1-2 hourds until set.
- Serve cold
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days